11 April 2011

Frames

I also need to decide which frames I'm going to use for my canvases...by tomorrow! Can't believe how close it's getting.

I'm ordering the frames from a place I've used for framing before, and they said that in order to get the frames in on time, I have to order them by tomorrow at the latest. These are the ones I have to choose from - it's hard to find frames that fit a canvas perfectly! All of them are a little deeper than the actual size of my canvas, but luckily they come with off sets and saw tooth hangers and all that, so I don't have to worry about getting those separately.

I'm not a huge fan of the first one. I like the second one - it has a woodgrain quality to it (well, it IS real wood, so I guess that goes without saying), and it seems simple enough that it won't detract from my paintings. I also like the third one (with rounded edges) because it seems a bit more modern. Earthy, or modern?! Can't decide.

Any thoughts about which one you guys think would work best?

5 comments:

  1. I gotta say, I think i would actually really like them unframed. like painted on the edges, or maybe some sort of simple edge on them. I know that's not always the most professional look, but it can work :)

    However— I like the wood grain as well. I actually kind of like the first one, It seems simple and non-distracting. I feel like the three dimensionality would be more distracting than the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I would also really like them unframed as well. If you are really wanting a frame I actually really like the first one it seems more flat and plain which is a good thing because it would be less distracting. I am not sure but is it metal ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, in my comment I meant that the third one to the right, with the roundedness would be distracting because of the three dimensionality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the middle one but I do like the idea of them not being framed at all.

    ReplyDelete