29 December 2010

Work sample


Hey all. I apologize for the poor picture quality (camera phone pic!); my good camera is out of commission for the time being, but this picture gets the job done, so all is well =]

This is nowhere near finished (still need shading, filling in tattoos, etc.), but I wanted to give you guys a sample of what I'm doing. I spoke in one of my previous posts about playing around with how "zoomed in/out" a shot is, and this is obviously an example of a detail shot.

This is Jared's tongue bifurcation (bi=two, furca=fork), what is commonly called a tongue split or forked tongue.

6 comments:

  1. This really looks great, I can't wait to see it completed. I really like the way you are playing with the zoomed in/out shots it makes them more dynamic and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deanna! I really appreciate the feedback. I hope all of your work is going well, too =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so crazy that I knew who this way before you said it was Jared! Looks amazing as it is so I cant wait to see more!! I think Im your groupie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Jess! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Deanna about the zoomed in shots. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I swear I posted a comment on this forever ago . . .
    what it said was something like,

    These look awesome! They sort of reminded me of the works by Luc Tuymans that I saw a while back at the Wexner Center.
    Also, I agree with everyone else, I think there is something interesting about an almost documentary approach to painting which would be pretty interesting to see explored even further.

    ReplyDelete