25 March 2011

Quick question:

Hey guys, I think one page of writing for each prompt I have is not going to be enough. I feel like I will be able to communicate more information, plus the book will be longer as I think it may look a little thin, more like a Communication Arts magazine than a book (of course, everyone always says when they see a Comm Arts mag, "wow, that's like a book!" but their paper is also thinner than what I may be using).

So I know these are rough, the information is just some of the text I have used over and over again, but I'm wondering if you think this sort of layout would work?

Everything on white, in the smaller font, would be about the prompt specifically and then everything on the gray (or whatever color I choose) would be the main content. The flow would basically be the same just a spread or a front and back page between each instead of the one-to-one ratio.
Do you think this would be problematic?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm liking this! I feel that it would flow very well. I definitely like this layout, it feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the simplicity works for such a complicated subject. The layout looks good. I like the differentiation with the white for image/illustration and prompt on the white and main content on the colored pages. So far it looks good. I can't wait to see it with actual illustrations and all the text, I think you should do one or two "real" layouts all content, with prompts images/illustrations and all text. Then you can get a better understanding if this layout is really going to work. So far it looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good Ryan. I like the layout. Are you bringing some to next class.Good work. A lot of progress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the layout so far, and also like the colored pages with white text.

    ReplyDelete