27 December 2010

I've hit a wall...


I FINALLY started to mess around with some fonts and colors. The fonts on my laptop at home are sort of lame. I know I want SanSerif and you all know (well maybe just the designers) how I feel about condensed fonts. I almost feel like it would actually be appropriate here. Condensed fonts just make me think of tall, thin.... see where I'm going with this? Anyway, Clearly this is not a gay pride campaign so the rainbow is not appropriate... but I did like the color variation bar I just have no idea what color to pick. I like the teals, greens, blues. Gender neutral enough?
I've hit a wall people, I need some feedback.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. interesting. My first thought came to a Acidity test for some reason, seeing all the colors like that. I think the type choice works, I think your strongest type face is Myriad Pro, so stick to your guns. I like the lower case because it reminds me of a facebook and myspace thing in which you would "like" or "delete" something.

    Just a thought with that thread. Take a break from your process right now, and look at it differently. I think with the audience being what it is, approach these photos not from a magazine perspective but a facebook or myspace picture angle. (heh, no pun intented for the "angles" thing). But i think it would almost look more...real, if that makes sense. These arent just models getting photoshopped in magazines. This is your audience. Their pictures they see evryday, sometimes even more than a mirror. SO look at profile pictures of people on facebook and myspace, or whatnot of these social networking sites, and try to see the beauty in each one. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the lowercase letters.

    I agree that the colors don't really do anything for me, at least not in these sketches- They do vaguely make me think about photography though.

    You said in your statement that you were targeting women specifically so I don't see a need for a gender neutral look really. It makes sense to avoid the overly stereotipically "girly" color schemes since it is really about empowerment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with ryan. i am instantly connected with the two lower cases for some reason. i love it!

    ReplyDelete